Thursday, November 12, 2009

Right to Write, Pt. 1


I have been formidably inspired by the latest book that I am reading, to start writing again. Having always been a faithful reader of 20th century Latin American literature, and more specifically the genre of magical realism, "Living to Tell the Tale" has caused me to think more critically about my life experiences, and to go out in search of classic novels that I have never before considered reading. This autobiography by Gabriel García Márquez has enlightened me, to some respect, on the mysterious plot lines behind his novels; his internal struggle with self-doubt; and his flagrant battle with poverty. One is never too old to pick-up where they left off, be it an old hobby...or an unbridled secret passion fuming below the skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment